Thursday, October 14, 2010

I feel rusty.


Said "Shell"
I hate to admit that I haven't drawn all week.  Okay, I take that back, I've sat in class and sketched people from behind but I don't think that entirely counts.  I've also been on a "doodling" kick. It's interesting to me that I have a ton of homework to do and am preparing for my senior show and all I want to do is sit and doodle.  Not sure how that correlates to anything, but hey, maybe it's reducing my stress level.  So anyways, this week it was so ungodly hot in our classroom that Amy was nice enough to give a short lecture on the hip muscles for our manikin and then let us go for the day.  So, I got down to working on the hips, which don't quite look like they should, but I don't think the first time you make any of them muscles they are exactly right. However I must say that Charlie looks much better with a little meat on his bones. He has also grown a curious looking handlebar mustache-what an individual.  Class today was canceled, but none of us knew that because the sign was placed on the wrong side of the door, so none of us saw it and sat in the classroom for a good twenty minutes after a very enjoyable fire drill. For next week we have a contour line drawing assignment due on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous to even start this because I feel like it's learning a foreign language.  My shell is currently sitting on my desk and whenever I get bored I'll stare at it for awhile. I hate to be stereotypical, but how "Hippy" did that sound? Anyways, I'll probably start sketching some stuff out tonight on scrap paper just to get the motions going again, then actually start this weekend when the inspiration hits me.  We'll see how it turns out. I did find an interesting artist while doing some searching online. I must say she has to be the queen of contour line drawings. Here's her website! You can follow her on her blog as well.  She's seriously incredible! Although she draws very abstractly and organic in nature and I don't think the forms she creates necessarily represent anything the way her lines form space is amazing! I was very taken aback when I found her work, what a steady hand she must have!

  I also realized that I should have been posting pictures everyday (oops.), I'll just call it an opportunity for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment