Friday, September 17, 2010

2nd Day!

The second day went much better for me! I focused on really slowing down today and found a niche that allowed me to do so. We did 5-10 minute drawings of the spinal column from different angles. It's really incredible to me that our bodies are capable of so much movement just from our spine alone. I started my drawings out by drawing the specific curves, in my efforts to slow down I then went into detail and started to draw the bones directly over the lines I had previously drawn to represent the curves in the spine. I did minimal shading/cross hatching to help me understand the forms of the bones. Even though my drawings looked much more meticulous and less free flowing compared to everyone else's drawing, working this way really helped me slow down and focus on the line the spine was creating. At the end of class I felt really accomplished and proud of my drawings. I left with a good understanding of the vertebra's that make up the spine and the landmarks that can help us make sure our bodies are in proportion. I'm really excited for the next class! Over the weekend, if I have time, I'm planning on doing some sketches of bones just to work on form a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment