Thursday, September 30, 2010

motivation....

I definitely could have used a little more energy this week. As I'm preparing for my senior show in November (eek!) I'm finding that it's more difficult for me to focus in classes. Tuesday and Thursday were especially hard days for me and life drawing is my last class of the day, which makes focusing even more difficult! However, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly the time goes by. Learning how to draw the center long axis of the body was a little challenging. I kept wanting to draw the spine because it seems to make more sense to me. Learning about the rib cage was interesting though. I liked how we approached it from a simple "egg" shape. Learning how to manipulate that shape as the model moved was challenging. I'm really enjoying class so far though, more than other drawing classes. I'm really trying to draw with my whole body and be conscious of the marks that I make. My shoulder is definitely more sore than it has been in the past couple of weeks, so I must be doing something right! I'm also really trying to slow down, I know it's still a problem I have, especially when I draw three drawings in the time I should be drawing one.

As you can see from my photos I need to work on my ribcage size and it's relationship with the pelvis. I'm also still trying to figure out how it should sit depending on how the model is positioned. Amy also keeps pushing us to "draw with our body" and to try to imagine ourselves in the position that the model is in. I try to keep this in the back of my mind when I draw, that and to try and stay relaxed and not worry about what everyone else is doing (I tend to do that).  I also need to work on my posture, funny that after YEARS of slouching over a desk it takes a class where I stand for three hours to really push the fact home.   It's also strange to me that when I wear "supportive" Dansko shoes, that I paid a little bit of money for, make my feet hurt more than if I wear flip flops. I really think this further proves my point that going barefoot needs to be socially acceptable in our society.  Although that probably wont ever happen, I can still dream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment