Thursday, December 2, 2010

9 days?

It's hard to believe we have less than nine days left in this semester. On one hand thats great news because I'm about at the point of pulling out my hair (I can't wait until I get to grad school to see what happens then) and yet, on the other I fear I might go bald from the stress of thinking about all the stuff I have yet to do. Like... six lockers full of bisqued pottery in the ceramics lab that all must be glazed, or two shell drawings and a final portfolio in life drawing, oh yeah, then I forgot about a case study presentation (thank god I got the actual report done tonight, no wonder I feel like I'm a few brain cells short), theres a lot more, but I'm whining so I'll stop. Anyways, last week I promised a picture of my friendly bird friend.  In my usual fashion, I have named him...... Enrique. Poor guy only has a neck, I spent quite a bit of time shading him since I feel like I've been deprived of shading things in for far too long.
Enrique the Turkey.


Moving on, Amy gave us a break down of what we have left to do and it was a little overwhelming. I hate when that happens, just when I start to see the light at the end of the ridiculously long tunnel, a bus crashes. So, I'll be working on a lot of muscles for Charlie this weekend, along with another shell drawing, as well as some other joyful homework.  I'm a little worried about next semester since I'm actually taking more credits than I did this semesters. However, my theory is that I have an online class and worse comes to worse, I'll do work for that on weekends. maybe.  Next semester will be my last though and since I refuse to stay another semester after that I'm just going to push through it. I'm sure you'll hear alllllll about it since Amy is taking me on as sort of an independent study in her life drawing 1 class next semester. (yay for blogging!).  

Just a quick update: today we did a long pose, which was kind of humorous. Our poor model must be so sick of is, we were a little particular getting her into a position that worked for everyone. I give up every time we take a break because no matter what it's never the same as before, but she does her best and I don't feel like being a pain over things being off by a couple centimeters.... although it really does make a difference. :( Heres the results from today's long drawing!

4 comments:

  1. Your bird, Enrique, turned out amazing! I wish I would have done a skeleton instead of a caribou. The shading really adds to it as well- I can tell that you put a lot of time into it! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENRIQUE LOOKS AMAZING!!! wow. johna, this is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird looks really cool. Well done, I think I would have gotten bored of drawing vertebra over and over. More power to ya. Also I really appreciate your line quality of your longer sitting drawing also in this post. very economical yet descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enrique is a fine specimen. I wish I had spent a bit more time looking around the Bell instead of just selecting something and drawing it.. In looking at others drawing I see there was a lot I missed. I would have like to seen your drawing of all of Enrique.

    ReplyDelete