Thursday, February 17, 2011

Definitely a weird week...

Well, class was canceled on Tuesday and although I went home with good intentions of doing some sketches and actually working on a drawing on my own... I didn't.  Things just came up and I got distracted, which is totally the story of my life.  Today we did a couple of gesture drawings which was nice to get warmed up and remember what we're supposed to be doing and then we were dismissed for the rally that is going on on campus.  I definitely don't want to get into politics or my rage towards them, but it's such a hard line to draw and know where to stand.  Part of me is just like.. eh, whatever is going to happen will.. and then I get upset with myself for having such a crappy passover kind of attitude. However, when I stand back and look at all of the educators that I have had in my academic career and look towards my future career in art education I really see validity in what we're standing up for. So with that, kill the bill.

okay, enough political activist stuff, back to drawing. I managed to remember my USB cable like I promised and so here are some pictures, they're from the past couple of weeks so I apologize about the randomness of them.  I always like to keep updating my posts with pictures though, it's really interesting to look back through old posts to see how far you've progressed. Also-sometimes you create a drawing in class and think it's wonderful, then post a picture of it for all the internet world to see.. and suddenly it's not so great. It's definitely a great self assessment!

independent studies

first week

week one


most recent

No comments:

Post a Comment