Thursday, May 5, 2011

ridiculousness.... if thats a word..

Eitherway, it's the only word that I can come up with to describe my schedule lately.  I have been cramming stuff in left and right, the true definition of "multi-tasking" comes out in me when I'm stressed and have a million things to do.  Lately I've been working on a huge case study for a psychological research method's class i'm taking for grad school credits. It's kicking my butt, I wont lie.  It's of course right after life drawing so I always feel like I'm rushing out of class to book it up to Harvey on time.  Regardless, I'm very close to finishing my study, had a brief presentation on results today and then a full presentation of the study on Tuesday.  I can only imagine what my facial expressions must look like while I stand up there and talk about a study I really didn't like.  I'm so glad we're going over parts of the face in class, I thinking it's the most interesting thing we've learned thus far.  You can read people so well just from their facial expressions alone.  My ultimate goal when drawing the models is to get a close resemblance.  The first portrait I did of our male model is probably my favorite so far, I feel that it's pretty accurate and at least somewhat recognizable.  I had a little bit of a harder time with the female model because I was at a weird perspective and her head kept moving.  I had the most issues with the nose and just couldn't seem to get it right. Overall I'm happy with the line quality and how the hair turned out.  Today we did a full body drawing and once again I was at a weird angle, but it was a good challenge for me. I was a little bit unfocused because I was nervous about presenting my study results, but I think it turned out alright in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment