Thursday, April 28, 2011

three weeks!

Theres this little voice inside my head that keeps screaming, it makes me a little nervous. I dont feel as stressed out as I should be and trust me, I should be getting nervous. I have so many large projects to finish up, but it's just not phasing me yet.  This week we focused on parts of the face, particularly the eyes, nose, lips and ears. I'm glad we had time at the end of this semester to go over this because last semester we just ran out of time, so this is all new information for me! However, it's also something I would like to learn more about, so although frustrating it's very rewarding.  It's difficult for the drawings to have a likeness to the model, but I dont think i did too bad today.  With a little help from Amy I think my drawing was starting to shape up pretty well.  I always love watching Amy draw or make corrections to work.  She just sees things so differently, obviously because she's trained at what she's looking at.  It makes me feel blind somethings, like "oh shoot, how did I not see that obvious landmark?!".  Our final project is to do a self portrait.  I'm pretty nervous about actually drawing myself, I've drawn myself from pictures before and they usually turn out fairly flat.  This time i think my approach will to actually use a mirror and just take lots and lots of time, we'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment