Thursday, April 7, 2011

lacking concentration...



I wont lie, I would probably be more productive if I was out laying in a field somewhere doing nothing rather than sitting inside classrooms all day while it's GORGEOUS outside. This week was a half week, Tuesday was advisement day so we didn't have class. Thursday was pretty relaxed, we worked on some gestures then did an hour pose focusing on the torso, shoulder girdle, and arm.  I, once again, sat in a spot where I had a goofy perspective.  This is good because it tests my ability and makes me work on something that I hate, but it also frustrates me to no end.  I was actually flipping through my drawings and was feeling pretty good about my progression. Granted, I was looking through some drawings that I did last semester, but I can definitely see increased understanding just within my gesture drawings. I'm really eager to keep working on my skills and possibly branch out more.  Once I feel fully comfortable with proper proportion I would like to start abstracting my drawings a bit more.  I would also like to start working with india ink again. WARNING: bragging is about to happen :).  I had actually posted some of my work on facebook and someone saw it and put down an offer on the piece... over facebook. I was floored and very excited.  It's hard to sell the piece because I reallllllly like it, but then again, I am going to London and am funding the trip myself.. so I need cash, ASAP.  Buh-bye favorite ink drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment