Thursday, March 31, 2011

every time I turn around...

my "To-Do" list gets bigger!! tricky little devil, really.  Lets see, this week was fairly normal for once. On Tuesday I had a typical "Johna needs to expand her artistic horizons, or at least pretend to" day.  I had this thought about exploring personal perceptions of ones own body and how one might view something they cannot change such as their skeletal structure.  I got this idea looking back through my photos of drawings from last semesters life drawing class and one of the first drawing of the skeleton I did was so disproportionate that it was almost interesting. Regardless of how incorrect it was I was intrigued and thought of how I could really mess with things.  I began to sketch random bones/structures and connecting them with ligaments and tendons.. it didn't quite turn out how I wanted it, but it's a start.  I'm just thankful Amy lets me explore things on my own while staying within the range of "life drawing".. which is a more difficult line teeter between than you'd think.

still working on it.. definitely not happy with it yet.


So, to make up for my artistic dabbling on Tuesday I hunkered down and worked with the class today, which was probably a good decision on my part since we ended up doing a two hour pose.  I broke it up into two one hour poses and did one of the face/torso and then worked on a facial profile.  I was looking at the model from kind of a weird angle so that was a bit of a struggle.  I had a lot of difficulty with the arm and was hoping Amy would give me a couple pointers, but she never got around to me, which is okay.  I honestly think it made me work a little harder to figure out how to truthfully represent what I was seeing. However, it still ended up a bit wonky looking.. and I was definitely too far away to really be focusing on the face, but I thought I would try anyways.. I think it's better than my first attempt.

3 minute gesture

one hour pose

30-45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment