Thursday, March 10, 2011

just call me Carrie..

I'm feeling very much like a Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City today as I sit here sipping my coffee thinking about what I want to say/need to say/should say.  I of course lack two things-an actual audience that follows what I write and a closet packed with uber expensive clothes that I would have no idea how to wear.  Oh, and I don't smoke.

With that, it's been a weird week.  The class was working on manikins on Tuesday so I asked Amy for a sick day to take care of a sinus infection that I've been breeding for the last two weeks. Amy suggested going to health services and getting some antibiotics, so that's exactly what I did.  Low and behold, she was right, within 24 hours I was 110% better.

  Today is another exception, we're having another walk out in order to peacefully protest the issues that Wisconsin's Government is facing.  I'm so furious that I don't even have words, which is probably a good thing since this is a life drawing blog and I shouldn't reflect my personal political opinions in here. However, this affects my life and I know myself well enough to say that what is affecting me will eventually show up in my artwork.  So, there's my justification. 

We were also working on the foot today which I'm feeling pretty okay about. I definitely want to get some drawing done during spring break though. Hope people are ready to be my models! (not nude of course, that could get a little awkward. yeah.) Amy also gave us our midterm grades. I like that she does this for two reasons-it lets me know where I stand and where I need to be by the end of the year. I'm a little bit frustrated with myself because I feel like I'm reverting back to old habits-Amy even pointed that out. Definitely a slap in the face, but it just goes to show that habits die hard.  So I'm going to use Amy's suggestions as goals and I'm going to post them as a way of publicizing them and hopefully that will help me be a little bit more attentive to my weaknesses.

things to work on:
1. greater line variation (seems like a no brainer huh?)
2. Less outlines-especially in long poses (definitely)
3. Continue working on the inside of the form (I think I'll ALWAYS be working on this)

okay so-that's the plan. In the meantime I've been dabbling in some ink washes too. I have a lovely little picture to show you all, but my camera is currently charging so I'll definitely get back to you on that!


As promised! (two weeks later! sorry!)

I love this little ink wash and am so inspired by it, but have no idea why!



No comments:

Post a Comment