Thursday, April 21, 2011

I miss the sun...

What a poopy week! first off, it snowed, it's disgusting and I'm royally sick of it. Today is the first day I have seen the sun and I have to be in class all day.  I need to pack, seriously. I dont know why I'm blogging about the sun and packing, but It seems important.  On a serious note, theres four weeks left in the semester, I'm freaking out. I have so many huge projects that I have no motivation to do and then I'm basically graduating. I have student teaching next semester, which I haven't even received my placement for and then after that, I have to grow up.  I've spent four years complaining how much I want to graduate and now that I'm here.... i'm blank. I want to be done, but now what? Apply for grad school? get a job? Sometimes I wish that this were all already planned out for me, but i suppose that would defeat the purpose of actually "living". 

back to life drawing:

Tuesday we worked on the skull. I LOVE working on the skull.  It's slightly irritating because it's basically one big optical illusion.  It's difficult to get the placement of landmarks and remember that the cranium is actually 2/3 of the skull, thats HUGE.  I've been dabbling with some portraits and studies of skulls from previous classes, but it was nice to have a refresher and everyone focusing on the same thing.  I'm always impressed by my classmates drawings and feel like I can learn a lot from my peers.  


OH, and totally unrelated to ANYTHING... my squirrel friend came for a visit the other day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment